Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Dust, Pre-Historic Man, and 82 Degrees

I have found several things to laugh at today.
We had our first room checks today. Holly and I received a warning because of "dust". I have to say I laughed at the fact that we've only been here 8 days or so, and we already have accumulated dust. So yes, I think we're quite at home in our room.

In History of Civilization this morning we were talking about pre-historic man. Mr. McGuire likes to say "absurd" a lot when referring to evolution and the like. He commented several times on how "absurd" pre-historic man was because history is the story of man, so how could we have a man before history? He made a good point, but he was so worked up and he even laughed at the whole thing. I couldn't help but sit there and laugh at the goofiness of it all. I'm not sure how History of Civ. is going to go. I know we're going to be taking tons of notes, but I'm crossing my fingers, pardon me, I'm praying that he goes more in depth on why something such as the philosophy behind pre-historic man is not correct. We'll see on Friday I guess.

The handy-dandy little weather bug at the bottom of my screen is telling me right now that it's 82 degrees outside. Considering I left Ray in a sweatshirt at a cool 50 degrees or so, this is kinda nice. However the humidity is awful and I was growing rather fond of my sweatshirts. I've decided that since it is now September (where did August go by the way?) that it's time for fall. I'm ready for hot chocolate, raking leaves to jump into, sweaters, and the smell of fall. Which basically consists of the smell of dead leaves and cold air, but I love it just the same. So I laughed at the temperature today. God's sense of humor really surprises me sometimes. So here's to sandals and the hope of monkey socks yet to be worn.

No comments: