Saturday, September 25, 2004

Number 50: I See You

I see you.
Although you may not want me to, I do.
You think I see the imperfections, the mistakes, the heartaches. You cover them and wear your mask so that I won’t know.But I do.
You are afraid that if I see the pain, the mistakes, that I’ll think less of you.
That I’ll see you as you really are.
What you do not know is that I already see you as you are.
I see you.
I see you as lovely.
I see you as who are you.
I see you as you go through your day.
I see the smile you give to the one in the hall. The first smile she has had all day.
I see you as lovely.
I see the lunch you bought for the one who couldn’t for them self.
I see you as lovely.
I see you as you give a random hug. To someone who thinks no one cares.
I see you as lovely.
I see you as you share about Christ’s love. To one who feels unloved.
I see you as lovely.
I see you when you give the one a ride home so he doesn’t have to walk in the cold.
I see you as lovely.
I see you when you take an extra shift at work. So she can go to dinner with her dad for what will be the last time.
I see you as lovely.
I see you as you dance beneath the stars for only your heavenly father to see.
I see you as lovely.
Yes, I see the pain in your heart.
I see you as lovely.
I see the mistakes you make everyday.
I see you as lovely.
I see the hurt you are caused by others.
I see you as lovely.
No matter what, no matter who comes and who goes. No matter what clouds your heart and what causes you pain. It doesn’t matter what you do that you shouldn’t, or what you don’t do that you should. It doesn’t matter who says hateful things, and who ignores you. It doesn’t matter if you are alone or in a group. Lonely or filled. Upset or happy. Peaceful, joyful, or even sorrowful.
I see you as lovely.
I see you as who you are.
You are mine and I am yours.
I see you as lovely.

No comments: