Friday, September 10, 2004

One Morning, Over Breakfast

For those of you wondering, yes, my eye is fine. I didn't even go to the urgent care. YAY! God just took care of it. So thank you for praying, I firmly believe in the power of prayer, even for little things.

It's been a busy and tiring week, but a good one. I'm still learning lots, and enjoying it all. We had our first student chapel on Wednesday, and it was great. It's nice to not have faculty around once in a while. We sang a beautiful song in chapel called "In Christ Alone". I've heard it before, but now I have the words and it's been in my head ever since. You can find it here.

I'm headed to Alexandria after classes this afternoon. I'll be there until Saturday evening. I'm so excited to see everyone. I realized this morning how much I really do miss it there. Well, really I miss all the people. I love you all so much! You have made such a huge impact on my life. I haven't been to Alec in almost 4 months, so it's definitely time to make the journey. Jeff and Anna leave for Turkey on the 15th, and I want to make sure I see them before they leave. We had a "Heartbeat for Missions" meeting last night, that's our campus missions group, and I had a huge moment of remembering having breakfast with Anna and her asking me "so why aren't you going into missions?" That was a huge turning point in my life, and I'll never be the same.

My classes are great, but I keep learning of things I want to learn. I'm getting a 4-year degree with a double major in Missions and Bible, a 2-year degree in Photography, and I'd like to get a minor in counseling. But I'd also like to take Spanish, Greek, and Sign Language. I think I'm going to be here a while. :) But seriously, Sign Language is a must, because we have several deaf students and I want to be able to talk to them. So I'm learning. Charity, one of the deaf students, is going to help me until next fall when I can take a class. So pray that I'll learn quickly so she and I can talk to each other.

I'm so blessed today, and everyday. But today I just feel the overwhelming love of God in my heart. He has shown and healed so many things even in the past week, and I'm so thankful for His care and love. My hope is truly found only in Christ. I have never known the feeling so clearly as now being exactly where I'm supposed to be. There is no doubt in my mind that I'm right where God wants me, and I'm learning the things He wants me to. I love what I'm learning, and I can't wait to learn more. Hence why I want to take so many more programs and degrees. Especially Greek. To be able to interpret scripture, wow! I have so much to learn, but I'm so thankful for each moment. One day at a time, and one lesson every minute sometimes.

"Thank You Lord for this day, this hour, even this minute to serve you. May I walk in awe of your love and watchcare over me."

No comments: