Saturday, September 18, 2004

Real Hope

It has been brought to my attention that I marked my 50th post with words such as Abugaboo. What can I say except how appropriate. No, I'm not going to explain why those words or sounds rather fit the day yesterday. Just know that I'm glad God's mercies are new every morning. And now, what to say about today. Hmmm...words honestly somewhat fail me. Nahhh....

I love Saturday mornings. Here at Pillsbury if you manage to stumble out of bed and into the dining hall by 11:00am you can have omelettes and pancakes made to order. That may sound rather simple and boring, but anybody who makes it through a week straight of cafeteria food, well omelettes made to order are like manna from heaven. Mmmmm...
I spent the afternoon buried in my logic book. 50 pages later, I don't feel any more logical. After dinner which was on the scale of making breakfast obsolete with it's unsavory flavor, Lynette, Gianni, and I went to Medford to find me shoes. I managed to find some dress shoes for school, but failed to find shoes for my bro's wedding. I find a pair I really like but not in my size. Grrr...

This evening I buried myself in my Intro to Counseling book. It's really interesting and I'm learning a lot from it, but tonight it was a hard read. I did spend some time talking with Bekka about Missions, which was very challenging. I still have a pile of homework to wade through tomorrow afternoon, and I'm sure that I won't get near the amount done that I want. I want to be ahead for the whole week but it's looking like only Monday or Tuesday. At least I don't start work until next week. It will help to get stuff done this week, but when I look at how to balance things after I start working, it can be overwhelming. I'm only going to be working 16 hours a week by my own choice, but it's still going to take some adjustment. I was sitting figuring out today how many more hours a week I would have to work to help a dream of going next summer come true. Yeah, it's not worth the insanity of working 25 hours a week. I've done it before, while taking a full class load, but I didn't learn anywhere near the amount I should have. I'm not going to spoil these wonderful classes by slacking off on my homework because of work. So, I'll simply put my desire to go on the top shelf, and simply pray about it. God can provide, but I know He doesn't always. That's kind of vague, but I don't have the desire to talk about it more.

I just decided that this post is very boring and uninteresting. I really didn't necessarily feel like posting tonight, so I'm not going to bore you anymore. I love writing and for now at least, on this blog it shouldn't be a chore. It should come out of my love to do it and the gift of having something worthwhile to say. So I'll be a good steward of the gift God has given me and stop using it until I'm much more awake. Yep, I'm definitely off to bed. But first this reminder:
There is always hope. God has not given us more than we can handle, and He will not test or try us beyond what we can bare. We have hope in the Lord. Hope for new mercies every morning, for forgiveness, for love, for the end of the trial, for the battle, for the joy, and the strength for all of these. If we our truely believers in Christ, and the children of God, we have something the world at large doesn't have. We have hope! If I never get to hold baby Emma, if I never make it to my brother's wedding, if I never get to hug a close friend again, if I never get to GO, I have hope and faith that there is something far better. If I die tonight or tomorrow, that's ok. I trust God to take care of me in life, and in death. I truely believe what Paul said "To live is Christ, and to die is gain". Not to say I plan on dieing anytime soon, but that's the hope I have. A hope of an eternal perspective always. The hope of glorifying God in this life, and of an eternity with Him in the next.
How could I ask for more?

No comments: