Thursday, September 16, 2004

Closets In Abundance

Today brought several extra-special things of which to be thankful for. A man about my mom's age who is attending Pillsbury this sememster took a look at my car today. Before he came back to school he was a mechanic for 30 years. Nice...So he was willing to at least take a look at my car. I didn't want to add to the onslaught of moochers, but he was willing to look and then tell me what to go have done. He told me a bunch of stuff I didn't understand, but I did get this much, that my brakes are fine, and that I have a little "blow-by" where my engine oil is concerned. Nothing to worry about at this point, and that it's just fine to drive. YAY! No worries about the smoke and smell, that's just from the oil, and it doesn't need attention right now. Good stuff. Thanks to Mr. Johnson for being willing to be a substitute dad, and to God for providing someone to take care of my baby (car that is).

Katie took me to the clinic to take my drug test today. She drove since I didn't know where it was. That place was like a maze! They sent me from one desk to another to another and then back to the second one again. Grrrr...all that just to take 5 minutes to pee in a cup. No worries, it didn't take that long to pee, but to fill out the paperwork. I have every reason to believe I'll pass. It was a pretty funny experience, and Katie only made it better. The nurse/lab tech/helpful lady who was handing me forms to fill out and explaining everything to me was super nice. She assumed I was from Pillsbury because of my address, and proceeded to tell me that her husband and son had both gone to Pillsbury. Her husband was probably here when my mom was. Small world huh? Nahhhh, just a big God. Anyway, she was really encouraging and blessed me in my studies. It was just a neat reminder that God's got His children all over the place.

And so, the week is almost over. I'm very grateful for this. Academically it's just been a very long week. I still feel like I'm playing catch up. I plan on pouring into my book this weekend. Getting ahead so that the weekend of the wedding I can leave free and clear. Two weeks! Two weeks and my brother will be a married man. It's rather scary when I say it like that. I just continue to pray over their marriage, and be very grateful Marit's loaning me a dress for the wedding. I just need to buy a decent pair of shoes to wear with it, and I think I'll need to get a different top as well. It's a very simple black sleeveless dress, and she's got a sweater to go with it, but the sweater isn't really dressy enough. And I need a top 'cause it's a fall wedding, and I hate sleeveless stuff. I look yucky in it. But I don't have to go buy an expensive dress which is awesome. That's one of the major perks about dorm life, it's like having over 50 sisters of which to borrow stuff from. I figure that by averaging it all out, there has to be a fair percentage of girls that are semi-close to my size, so lots of closets to pillfer. MWAHAHAHA...*evil laugh*. And that's the saga of the dress. I'm sure by this point I've lost most of the guys out there, so please forgive me, thanks for sticking around, and read on for less girly stuff.

I need to go read some logic before dinner. Ahh logic, that great required class that I'm so glad I waited to take until I got to a Bible College. I'm actually enjoying it tons. The teacher is fast becoming one of my favorites. Here's a cheer for the promise of Friday, and the promise of a fresh start on Sunday to another week.

No comments: