Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Drip, Drop

It's rainy weather outside. Not the kind made for standing or praying or singing in the rain. This day isn't meant for splashing in the puddles or running in the rain. It's off and on yucky drizzly stuff. It's raining outside, and I'm sick. I woke up all congested and coughy this morning. I've been cold ever since I woke up, and I can't get warm. I have no desire to go to class, no desire to do my homework, and certainly no desire to figure out what's wrong with my car. But I still have to do all of the above.

I have class in about 5 minutes, so this is going to be short. If anything, this is simply to say I'm human, and sometimes, complaining comes so easily. I am thankful for the life that God has given me, but for today, I'd like to simply curl up in my bed, watch the drizzles come down, and cry in the rain. No, I'm not PMSing, but crying has come rather easily the last 16 hours or so. Sometimes, I wish I didn't care so much. Sometimes I try not to care so much, but it never works. I care about people, and so I get hurt. And then I cry over them. I do trust that God has a perfect plan, and that He will provide. Sometimes though, it hurts. And that hurt creeps it's way up to my eyes, and then all comes pouring out.
So I'm off to class. After which I will make some hot chocolote in my smiley-face mug, curl up in my nest, shed some tears, pray really hard, and drift off to sleep without the guilt of homework. There should be guilt, but I need a nap worse. But for now I'm off to class.

P.S. As a postscript, computers stink. Their clocks cannot be trusted. Because the clock on the computer told me it was 12:53, I believed it. When in reality it was 1:02 when I left for my 1pm photography class. And since I was late, I don't have a textbook. Don't even ask, it's to complicated. I'm going to find my bed, and some decongestant. Which almost put me to sleep in chapel this morning. Grrr...I didn't even like photography class today, I must be sick.

No comments: