Monday, September 13, 2004

On The Coast Of Somewhere Historical

And so, my first official test at Pillsbury is complete. As in a real test, you know, 50 questions later. Dear Mr. McGuire and History of Civilization I were the setting for this first auspicious occasion. And yes, I studied. I made over 20 notecards about all the different cultures and made up silly ways to remember it all. Such as Thutmose the 3rd was often referred to as the "Napoleon of Egypt" because he "thut" he was great like Pharoah. Yeah, I know, corny. But it helps remember so that's what's important. I'll also not share anymore of those, I wouldn't want you to fall off your chair laughing.

The great thing about Scantron froms is that you receive your grade very soon through email should your teacher be so kind to email it to you. Which Mr. McGuire is. I came back from lunch to find my grade waiting pleasantly in my inbox. Yes, I'm trying to draw this out. I received an A-! Yay! I was so excited. I was hoping for an A, but willing to deal with a B or C. I knew after taking the test that I knew quite a bit of it, thanks to my silly memory tricks, but I also knew I didn't know it all. And so, I am happy. One test down, 4 more years of test to go. Wait, that's not too optimistic.

I find joy in knowing that even though I accidentally let my english muffin bread go bad, I now have Duck Food. One of my floor leaders, Bekka, and I are going to go feed ducks this afternoon. I'll also sing to myself a Kenny Chesney song, yes it's country, "On the coast of somewhere beautiful". I have a dream in my heart, a hope for an opportunity presented to me, and for the time being, I'll keep it in my heart.
For now, I'm off to check my mailbox...hint...hint...(you should send me mail) and bury into the mound of homework that awaits me after my weekend in Alec. Sing Loud!

No comments: