Monday, August 30, 2004

Please Don't Pinch Me

I could have put this post together with the last one, but I'm so overjoyed to be feeling creative and coming up with great subject names that I just had to make two posts. Wow, that was a long sentence.

As I was walking across campus this afternoon towards the "Old Main" building, which is where the bookstore, admissions, registrar, president's office, chapel, and other various offices and classrooms are, I realized how beautiful this campus really is. It's so weird to be walking around here as a student. Of course I had pictured it when I visited in April, but I had pictured myself on every other campus I had visited as well. So to actually a student knowing I'll be here for the next 3 years, well, it can catch me off-guard at times. After getting past the initial horrible first week, I'm so glad I'm here. Even though I know things won't go great all the time, and there will be times that I won't want to be here, I'm so glad I am here. I have such a great feeling of joy knowing that I'm where God wants me.

So please, even in the bad times, don't pinch me. I don't want to wake up. Simply remind me that this to shall pass, and I'll choose joyfullness. I don't know what the future holds for me, but as I've been grieving over some situations with people this week, I'm even today feeling God whisper to my soul that I am His beloved, and I'm right where I need to be. Even when I don't understand people, God understands us all, and He loves us. So today I choose to do what is right, once again forsake and forget about my past sin, and live as His redeemed daughter. I'm a daughter of the King, a princess. I'm HIS Princess. Princess Beth.

No comments: