Thursday, August 19, 2004

A Taste Of My Life To Come

Ack, I've accidentally deleted this post twice already. I'll try to say it all again, but frankly, I'm sick of what I have to say. Oh well, you haven't heard it yet, so I'll do my best to retype for the 3rd time.

I found out today who my roomate for the next year is going to be. Presuming of course, that she can put up with me for that long. Her name is Holly, and she's a returning sophmore.
In my mind, there are pros and cons to this situation.
Pros being that I won't have to live with a freshman who's never been away from home. I know, I should show a little more compassion. Also, she's lived at Pillsbury for year, she can fill me in on all the stuff they should tell you but never do.
Cons could be that she has been there, done that. And I haven't. Yes, I've lived on my own before, but never at Pillsbury. Also, because she's a returning student, I'll be there about 2 days before her, because I have to go through orientation. That could provide some kinks of adjustment time.
There are so many things I could worry about, but I choose to simply pray about it. I now have a specific name to pray for, so that I will do. I will also try to call her sometime soon so we can sort out the whole "who will bring what" scenario.
I take comfort in the fact that a week from now I'll have met Holly face-to-face, and we'll go on from there.

In case you're interested, I'll give you some links to pictures of the campus.
This is the women's dorm. Yes, there's only one. Along with only one men's dorm and one main classroom building. It's only a student body of 200 afterall.
So anyway, the women's dorm.
http://www.pillsbury.edu/images/gnkiss.jpg
I'll be living on the second floor, which for me is just perfect. It's about as close to ground level as you can get without actually living under ground in the lower level.
Pillsbury Hall, the classrooms.
http://www.pillsbury.edu/images/pillsburyh.jpg
And of course the library, where I'm sure I'll be spending a fair amount of my time.
http://www.pillsbury.edu/images/jeftsh.jpg
What would college be without cafeteria food? Here's the "Dining Commons".
http://www.pillsbury.edu/images/dining.jpg
So that about does it. That's a small snippet of the buildings which will make up my life for the next 9 months.

5 days dear friends. 5 days from now I will literally be driving into my future. Only 4 days left here. Where, oh where has the summer gone? 3 months ago I was trying to figure out how I would last the long time until the end of summer. And now, it's almost gone. I would appreciate your prayers right now in particular. I have so much to get done, as well as some special people to spend quality time with. I need these times with them.
I'm sure I'll continue to keep you up to date. As I get more harried, writing becomes my refuge. A bit of normalcy in the insanity as it were.

No comments: