Saturday, August 21, 2004

Two Jobs Down, One to go

Today was my last Saturday of cleaning cabins. I'll admit it was a relief to clean and then walk away from my last dirty toilet of the summer. One more day of "work" ahead of me. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also dreading it.
One more air-shift for Beth. 10-1 one last time. The EDGE is the job I hate to leave. I love radio. It's been in my blood since I was 14, and I don't think I'll ever get rid of my passion for it. It hasn't been a typical radio summer, but I've loved it nonetheless.

It has hit me within the last 24 hours that I'm actually leaving. I hate this point. And for the first time, I shed tears over it today. I've cried a bunch in the last week, but that was over other stuff like people, stress, and life in general I guess. But today, I cried because I'm leaving. The end is nearing, and while the future looks great, I shed some tears over the past. What a summer it's been, I couldn't have asked for a better one.

So I boldly take a big gulp and look towards my future, but I'll miss this time as well. Not the work necessarily, but the time to just be friends together having fun. For tonight, however, as I pack my boxes, I'll shed some tears over the memories I've been granted, over friends grown closer to, over lessons learned, over people leaving, and over time gone by. But there will be happy tears as well, for I have the adventure of my life ahead of me. And oh, what an adventure it promises to be.

No comments: