Wednesday, August 25, 2004

From The Mixed-Up Files Of A Transfer Student

Well I only have a moment, for I am soon off to see my advisor and register for classes. But I wanted to take this moment to let you all know about the first 24 hours or so of my life at Pillsbury Baptist Bible College.

After a very long, very sleepy drive yesterday, we pulled into the parking lot of my home for the next 8 or so months. It's been interesting. Being sleep-deprived hasn't helped my outlook on things, but I know I'll be fine. It's definitely going to take some getting used to, but that's ok. My roomate seems very sweet, and I think we'll get along fine. I'm trying to be friendly while not prying to much into her life quite yet. Yes, I am sleeping on the top bunk. We lofted the top bed on the dressers, which means Beth needs a stepladder. I tried to get into bed last night and promptly fell down and bruised my lower arm and my ribs. Don't worry, I'll be fine. And no, I did not fall out of bed, I merely fell getting into bed. Big Difference.
And so, after being orientated several times, telling my parents good-bye today, and generally trying to find room for everything I brought, I am off to register. I don't think I have classes until 8:30am everyday, which is better than 7:30 I guess.

Sorry for the randomness, this is by far the worst blog I think I've written thus far. It's about as muddled as my brain is right now.

I think I'm in shock that I'm here. I searched so long for the place I was supposed to be, that actually being here is doing weird things to my psyche. No worries, I've got chocolate! Or at least I will have chocolate after I figure out where Wal-Mart is. Hmmm this might involved getting lost...I'll let you know if and when I find my way back, until then, continue on dear friends.

No comments: