Friday, August 13, 2004

Just Another Day...In Paradise?

I had two conflicting thoughts going through my head while at work this evening. I was standing waiting rather impatiently for the credit card machine to go through when I heard that song on the radio, "Just Another Day in Paradise".
I felt thunderstruck by God right then. I was dreading going back to work today. The only thing giving me hope was that I only have 5 more days left. But then what should my ears hear but a not so subtle reminder to enjoy each day as it comes. To enjoy today, and realize that this is a huge gift God has given me.

I also had the thought that Thank God this isn't paradise. I wrenched my knee at work tonight, which caused from my knee to my hip to hurt, which caused my lower back to ache. I was again reminded as I have so often since being stolen from, that we live in a sinful world. I hope and pray for the day when I reach "Paradise". Where "God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 22:3.
That day can't come soon enough.

The greatest thing God brought to mind tonight however, was this. I might not understand why I could make such a foolish mistake, and that somebody could take advantage of that and steal from me. I might not understand why God does the things He does, or why He lets people do the things they do, But I get to spend everyday of my life knowing who's my savior. I have the privilege, actually the right, as God's child to talk to Him everyday. To quote a song by The Lads "My best friend's the creator of the universe". This may be overly simplistic, but it's the whisper of my soul tonight.

I cringed every time I received a less than desirable tip tonight, I wanted to cry everytime I was stiffed. Yes, it happened twice. It made the reality of what I've lost so much harder. I'm not even close to understanding how I could lose so much of what I worked so hard for, but yet God was reminding me that I don't have to understand. That comforts me so much. This wilderness of life may not go away, and until the true Paradise, nothing will satisfy us. Yet I can live everyday in this temporary "Paradise" with Joy and Love in my heart, and seek to give that to others, because the God that holds every atom of this universe together is holding my life and heart in the palm of His hand.

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly host. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen."

No comments: