Friday, August 27, 2004

Still A Bit Fuzzy

I have decided after briefly filling you in on my scenario that is life, that I will talk about something other than myself.

I did indeed purchase a bookshelf yesterday, it's a very nice bookshelf that just happens to be the exact same one my roomate has. We have good taste I guess. I even put the whole thing together by myself. I was greatly impressed, I hope you are too. I get along great with my roomate, we're having a great time getting to know each other. Still working on everyone else. It can only get better I hope. I had a horrible yearbook picture taken this morning, but I choose not to let that dappen my spirits. I got to sleep until 9am this morning, which is the first in a very, very long time. Somehow it just doesn't seem right that school should feel like summer vacation. Ah well, what are you going to do about it? So classes start bright and early Monday morning, and there is a job fair on Tuesday. Pray that I find a great job. Especially one that doesn't involve cleaning or food. That would be amazingly wonderful. And so, that's my life in a paragraph.

I've decided that while my blog's purpose is to keep you up to date on my life, I should make it a tad bit more interesting and talk about something other than my life. While trying to think of topics to talk about, I realized that any interesting topic had to do with a lesson I have been learning. So I'm a bit puzzled for something to talk about.

So here's a topic that is not born out of my life, but certainly adds humor to it.

"Get Fuzzy" What a great Cartoon. While being somewhat bored yesterday evening, I did a google search for "Get Fuzzy" and found a whole month worth of this great cartoon. I just have to say that August's were particularily funny. Now I realize it's not always the cleanest cartoon, but it's pretty good comparatively. It's also a cartoon that is actually still funny. So many cartoons nowadays are no longer funny, only somewhat amusing. Thankfully "Get Fuzzy" is not among them. This cartoon continually makes me want to laugh out loud and immediately forward it to all my friends. If you've never read "Get Fuzzy" you simply must do so immediately! I'll even provide you with a link.
http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/getfuzzy/
Go now dear friends, and read until your sides ache.

I've noticed that because of the whole not knowing anybody experience, I haven't been laughing at all in the last few days. Which is not healthy for anybody, but especially not Beth who loves to laugh and finds the world funny. So "Get Fuzzy" has been a great experience.
I hope you'll check it out, especially the strips from the week of August 9th. They're hilarious in my personal opinion. If this isn't your taste, well sorry, but I find them hilarious. Enjoy!

No comments: