Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A Nappy Sort Of Day

Today is the sort of day that was made for naps. And since I am no longer a slave to a hectic work schedule, I have the freedom to take a nap. Nevermind all the boxes which are waiting to be packed, no, a nap sounds like a much better idea.
It's cold outside today, 55 degrees right now to be exact. The wind is blowing at about 25-30mph with gusts up to 45mph. It's raining hard off and on, and there's not even a sliver of sunshine off in the distance. In my opinion, it's a great day. I have the urge to get a great, full of fluff, and basically pointless book from the library and go curl up in the local coffee shop and simply enjoying watching the rain and the sound of coffee brewing.
It's also a great nappy day, so we'll see what wins. I haven't curled up and read in a long time, so I have the feeling it might win out. You know what? I'll do both. The prerogative is mine to do so. I think I just might.

Until then, I'm going to go enjoy being treated to lunch by one of my bosses, along with the other cleaning ladies. I'll also take time to stop and thank the Lord for the wonderful people in my life, the joy of being His child, and the joy to be found in this nappy sort of day.

No comments: