Wednesday, August 24, 2011

This Week

Wednesdays are interesting days. NOT. Okay really, in my current life Wednesdays are generally a bit slower and the days when I can sort of catch up on what's going on and maybe see my floors again. So I've purposed that they will be the day where I'll sort of catch you up on what's happening to us this week. If you care.

Right now the munchkin Levi is playing somewhat calmly and quietly on the floor with his magnetic trains go "choo, choo". BY HIMSELF. What do you do in situations like this? The same thing I do when he voluntarily puts food in his own mouth. DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT HIM. Because then in two seconds he'll realize what he's doing and never do it again for like a week. Seriously. Meals at our home consist of either Andrew or myself sort looking out the window as we shake our heads in Levi's general direction to point out to the other person the miracle that's taking place in the booster seat. Ahem. Anyway.

Baby Shower last night. Baby Lilly was as cute as could be. Even when she lost her dinner all over my leg. Ahhh memories. Poor thing has acid reflux just like Levi. Ahhh memories. Some things you seem to forget about. Guess that's what makes you want more children, amnesia.

Made Cupcakes yesterday for the birthday boy to deliver at his work. I like to remind his co-workers he had a birthday while he was off. :) And spoil them a little too perhaps.

Update: Child has now moved the train to kitchen floor...figured out it rolls better there than on tracks I guess.

I've lost my mind and decided to do garage sale round 2 this weekend. I'm usually the snarky comment maker about "if it didn't sell the first time..." But in reality, we need the junk gone and some money to pay rent. So here's praying the new stuff we're adding will help.

One of our email inboxes in screaming at me to be cleaned out, but frankly, that's not at the top of my list. Why do you care? But honestly, my closets and the cobwebs in the corners probably need more attention. People can see those. Well, I don't often show off my closet, but you get the idea.

I think I'm still wiped from the fair this past weekend. Yes, we had lots of fun, and yes, there will be pictures. Someday.

Update: Child has found the Legos hiding under the kitchen island. Brought them to me saying "tower". Which they were. Because he had put them all together into a tower. I clapped. Because it was amazing. Ugh. Why do these moments have to be bittersweet? I'm SO proud of him for doing something we've been working so hard on, especially with no frustration involved on his part. But yet, I'm a bit sad too. Because it's just another step on becoming the independant boy he wants to be.
Anyway.

So, that's a summary. Andrew's taking a few days off after today. Not to vacation, but to, well, let's say accomplish some work. Maybe I'll be able to share later.

Frustration has set in, better go help the "independant boy". Prayers for the craziness we're calling a garage sale would be appreciated.

And oh yeah, I can barely walk. Got it in my head to go to a 6:15am fitness class yesterday. Apparently my quads haven't done squats in a while. It is funny, but it hurts to laugh.

No comments: