Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Andrew!!

My amazing husband turns, well, older today. :) I won't make a big deal about his age, he's got a few years until the next milestone. ;)
What I can tell you is how much I love this man. He's a pretty dang good guy. I honestly and truely cannot imagine my life without him.
He's been the biggest gift from God in my life. I cannot fathom how different my life would be if I hadn't married him. He's allowed me to grow and always been so patient with me.

Now, about him. He's pretty handsome, as you can tell from this hot family picture taken this summer at his sister's wedding. He makes a tux look good. :) He was better looking than the groom in my opinion. (I know, duh he's mine, but still, he's pretty cute.)

He's a wonderful husband, and a downright awesome Daddy. Levi adores him and spends his days asking where Daddy is. When Daddy gets home he runs to the door and is so excited to see him.
Andrew loves to bike, hike, walk, swim, kayak, etc. If you're moving, he does it. He values friendships and is the most loyal person I've ever met. He can be a friend to the lowly and "untouchables" of our society. He knows how to be a friend to everyone. I am often amazed at how he can find something to talk about with everyone and anyone. He's pretty cool in that way. He always goes the speed of the slowest person no matter the sport or how good he is. He's got a kind heart. :)
He loves cars and knows pretty much all there is to know about almost all kinds. I see a "cool" car and go "what's that?" and he proceeds to give me a history that includes "in such and such a year they changed the tail light so that's how you know it's that year". Wow...if only I had that brain power.

I could go on and on, but let me tell you a couple cool things. When we were dating he would write me, a lot. By hand. With a stamp and a postmark. My Dad was flabbergasted. Thought I was sending him self-addressed stamped envelopes or something. I have a huge envelope full of the letters I would get several times a week.
Also, on our first official "date" out to dinner (ok, we'd already been dating for 3 weeks or so and got engaged about 7 weeks later, but still) I was sooo nervous. We were on our way to the restaurant and I was thinking, oh, he didn't get me flowers, that's ok. When we got there I was so nervous for some dumb reason. All I could think of was just sit down and order something. So the waitress seats us at the table and I hold onto the menu for dear life. Suddenly Andrew goes "So I got you these flowers." I look up and really look at our table for the first time and right smack in front of my face is a dozen of the most colorful roses I'd ever seen. Sitting there, the whole time. He'd gone beforehand and left them at the restaurant. Oiy. I was overwhelmed and it definitely broke the tension. :)

That's my man in a nutshell, thoughtful and kind.

Andrew, I know that marriage, children, and just life can get crazy at times. We've certainly had our share of curveballs and hardships. I know I get sad and lonely at times. But know this, I love you more than I ever have. I know in my heart that you were the man God had for me, and I think you are wonderful. You amaze me in so many ways, and I love that spending time with me and Levi is one of your favorite things. Thanks for teaching me so many things I never thought I could do, and sharing your loves and passions with me. You've allowed me to grow up in our marriage, and I can't wait to celebrate ALL the rest of your birthdays with you. I'm proud and honored to be your wife. All who speak well of you bless me. I get the privilege of being married to THAT man. And I thank God everyday for you. I love you. Happy Birthday Andrew!

No comments: