Monday, August 01, 2011

Good Morning Tornado Sirens

Levi's cutting his 2-year-old molars. He's 19-months-old. I have problems with that, but whatever. He generally was a pretty good baby cutting teeth wise. Maybe a little fever (maybe), maybe a few nasty diapers, maybe some drooling, maybe some gumming, maybe some crying. His first molars were the worst. They seem like a walk in the park compared to these. Ugh. Fever started Saturday, 103 most of the day. Crabby/lethargic boy. By yesterday he was chewing on his fingers saying owie and being a HUGE crank. Not a good nap that day, and going to bed? BAH! I tried to put him to bed around 10:30...then a bat started flying around the house. A bit later Andrew had well, "displaced" the creature, and we tried again. Until 1am when the nonstop crying started. Around 2:30 Andrew took Levi to the living room and rocked him to sleep. By 4 he tried to put him back in bed, more crying, by 5am, Levi was in our bed thankfully resting a little bit.

7:15am. Weather Radio goes off again, it's been storming since midnight or so. This time, it's for a tornado warning. As my brain computes this the town's tornado sirens go off. Andrew grabs the dog, opens the door for the upstairs tenant to run to the basement, and I grab Levi and run downstairs. Thankfully we're fairly unharmed but south of us, well, it was really windy and lots of damage.

It continued to storm until noon or so. The dog has probably lost a few years of his life in shaking in fear. Levi thought it was fun to watch. Me? I tried to sleep some on the couch.

Levi is so far sleeping ok for his nap. I'm praying this nap goes well. As well as the one I'm about to go take. This weather and teeth are just nuts. I guess at least they came together? Not sure. Why do we need molars anyway?

I may sound testier than I am. I feel so bad for my boy and his pain. I wish I could ease it for him. We're trying, we really are little boy. I wish I could do it for you. If it's any consolation, I must have lived through it...

No comments: