Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Simplistic Irony



I'm on a mission to declutter and simplify our home. I love Ikea, because I love clean lines, high contrast, and modern designs (within reason). Stripes, dots, silver edging, etc...love it!! Paisly, floral, etc...you can keep it...blech.
All this to say, My home fits more into the second category. Now, I never look a gift horse in the mouth so the fact that we have two couches which have either a floral or southwestern pattern on them, well, I don't care because they were free. So while I may not be able to do anything about the patterns of my furniture, I can do something about the amount of furniture and belongings that I have. So while on this mission I have been reading a blog devoted to simplicity not just in our belongings but in our foods and lifestyles. She speaks of organizing not just for organizing's sake, but to make our lives better and make more sense and be more meaningful. But, just like this hideous wall plaque, there must be irony.

The Irony?

I spent (ack hem...wasted) an afternoon reading the blog.

The good?

I now have tons of ideas for organizing and purging our belongings. Now, if only I can convince husband that we don't need paystubs or credit card statements from 2006...
And I just realized that my blog background seems to have paisley in it. To justify myself I shall say I chose it for the colors. And I guess I do like some floral patterns, depending on the color. All right, I have no consistent style. There, all better.

No comments: