Friday, June 18, 2010

A Diaper of a Story

I feel a bit guilty for letting that last rather heavy blog sit for so long, so I shall perhaps write 3 or 4 to make up for it...
I really should blog more often. Because right now, I have so many subjects to talk about and I would feel a bit guilty shoving them all into this post, so again, perhaps I'll write several.

I bought disposable diapers yesterday. Let me clarify and say that I've always bought dispoasables. But I'm hoping these may be some of the last ones. Andy's health insurance has amazing incentives, including being able to earn up to $115 (each of us!) in gift cards for taking some online health surveys, assessments, and "classes". That's how we bought some of the stuff we needed after Levi was born. And that's how I'm buying my Fuzzi Bunz diapers. Yep, I'm going to take the plunge and try cloth-diapering. Please don't preach at me. I'm not green, I don't think we're killing our earth, it's dying nicely by itself thank you. But, I'm cheap, and I've already spent enough on disposable diapers to make me gag, so I'm going to try these. Yes, I know that I'll spend more in water and detergent, and etc... but I'd like to try it. Plus, Levi's pants never stay up so maybe this will help! It's all about perspective.
Anyway, I bought disposables, two different brands because I had many coupons. Well, the gal ringing me up was trying really hard, but for the life of her, I had a few more coupons than she was prepared for, so it was a trial to check me out. The manager lady had to come over 2 times. I felt bad. So when I got home I checked out my receipt to be able to tell my husband how much I had "saved" on these diapers. Then I realized, she (clerk) had rang up my coupon twice, so she (manager) deleted it once, and when she did, she deleted one pack of my diapers. So I brought them home and I hadn't paid for them. I will be honest with you, my immediate sin nature reaction said "YES! FREE DIAPERS!!" Then the Holy Spirit convicted me and I called and went back today and paid for them. I want to tell you I had a great attitude about the whole thing...But I didn't...especially after I drove ALL the way out there today to pay for them and they didn't even thank me for my honesty. Seriously people, really?
But again, the Holy Spirit convicted me and asked me why I do the honest thing. Is it for recognition or because it pleases my Savior? OUCH...

No comments: