Tuesday, June 01, 2010

4 weeks and other thoughts

Yesterday was 4 weeks that I hadn't eaten chocolate...and we were at my brother's house for his birthday. His wife is an AMAZING cook. And I don't mean maybe, I mean flat out incredible could rival all your favorites. She's got talent and the desire to do it. She made an amazing chocolate cake with chocolate and brown sugar/pecan ganache (I don't even know how to spell the stuff she makes!). So I said 4 weeks was enough!! And I had some cake. It was pretty tasty stuff. So since I'd broken my fast, I had a white chocolate/cookies bar on the way home. I love white chocolate, I had missed it. Today I have a doozy of a headache not sure if they're related...but it makes me wonder...
Today I had approximately 10 chocolate chips. You know what? They didn't taste that great. It's an interesting thought I'll have to ponder more of.

We have had a Momma & Poppa Robin nesting in one of the awnings on our house. There are now 2 baby Robins to add to the family. Momma and Poppa are dutifully digging up worms and bringing them to said babys' bobbling heads and dropping them in their mouths. It's a rather interesting thing to watch. 1. The baby robins are pretty ugly still 2. I don't want to get attatched lest they die 3. But I'd still like to name them. 4. Levi isn't big enough to care yet, although the dog is rather interested.
5. It really makes me think of how dependent we are as babies. Levi couldn't live without us. In such a way we are like that with God. We are just fumbling around blind, looking for that sustanence...which God never fails to bring us. God is always looking out for our good in His glory, yet we cry and flail and doubt Him...hmmm...then there's the comparison of eating worms...okay nevermind...

We toured the new YMCA in town today. Today was the first official day they're open. It'll cost us about $20 a month more than our previous gym, but it'll be well worth it. Here's why:
1. They have drop off child care for certain hours of the day!!
2. It's amazingly pretty! (I'm a girl, what can I say? I like pretty stuff!)
3. They have a pool! Andy can do laps, I can swim and hottub, oh yeah, and it's warm enough for Levi to swim too! And there's a waterslide!!
4. They're connected to the bike trail. So I can drop Levi off and go biking too!
5. They have fitness classes, cost of which is included in your membership!!
6. This is such a little thing, but it's cool. In the locker rooms is a swimsuit wringer outer thingy. Literally will get 99% of the water out of your suit in 10 seconds. How dang cool is that?
Okay, I could go on and on, but basically, I'll have the resources and freedom to go work out, with Levi taken care of, and hopefully get back to my previous fit self.
Plus we could have some amazing family times swimming!! Yes, we're still broke. But this I know about myself. When I am fit physically (and spiritually) my mental health is soooo much better!! Yes, we have an amazing bike trail and I can walk whenever the weather cooperates. But this way, I can get into a workout routine, drop some weight, and have a routine for the day as well. And frankly, you can't always be hardcore when the baby is with you. Trust me, I know.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Bethany, you'll love the Y. I've been taking a water exercise class there the past couple of months and it's been great. It's a great place to exercise and get a little break from the kids while you know they are having fun also. I'm looking forward to taking Josiah to the outdoor pool soon.
Hope you enjoy it!! Next time ya'll are up, we could all go swimming at our Y, they have a great outdoor kid's pool.