Saturday, February 05, 2011

Silence

I'm still here. No fear. But I really don't have much to share. I somehow thought with the passing of Levi's homecoming day that life would just magically get better. Because really, hasn't it been the hardest year of our lives? Why shouldn't that be limited to just a year? But it's not, because God has no timetable. Maybe my "year" will start fresh on the anniversary of bringing Levi home the second time from the hospital. Oh yes, there was a second time. Or maybe not.
But know this, no matter the hardships, God is there. He just may be silent. I feel as though now is one of those silent times. And I don't have much of value to share because I've been angry, so angry. But that's wrong. I've been wrong. So I need to be silent. I have no fountain of optimism.

A dear, dear kindred spirit said to me recently: "You know, know, know it isn't always going to be this way, right? Just for now. Something is coming."
And I rather sassily answered "I wish I could believe that". I was wrong. I do need to believe that. Because no matter what happens in God's silence, He never leaves. He's here in our valley. And He's on the other side, no matter how long this valley is. It may be years. But He's there. When we're lost and when we're found. He's there.

Enjoy this song from who may be my absolute favorite artist of all times. It doesn't hurt his name is almost exactly the same as my husband's. But really, if you ever get to check him out via CD or concert, DO IT! He's got an amazing voice and startling honesty. He's funny too.

No comments: