Saturday, February 12, 2011

IRS, how I despise thine rules.

I know, I'm a Christian, I'm supposed to be submissive to authority. But really? One of the tax books is 295 pages this year. You can't tell me that's a bit over the top. My main frustration? We sold some stocks to officially pay for Levi (you know, pay off those neonatologists that earn a lot of money) and starting this year you have to record what you originally paid for those stocks. Which is insane considering Andrew's owned them for 15+ years. Ugh...Pain!! But we may actually save money by figuring that out so it may be worth our time.
Other note, have 20 kids, the government will pay you to raise them. Or your neighbor who has 1 and pays out the nose in taxes will pay you in refunds to raise them. Either way, not exactly a capitalistic thought. But hey, free money is free money.

Why all this tax talk? Because no matter how many forms we have to fill out, we will get a "refund". And while I gripe and gripe about not even being able to pay my heat bill, for a few months after that glorious tax return, we can breath a little easier. Last year? It helped us pay off a whole bunch of medical bills. So big blessing. This year? I'm dreaming of a Mac. I'm also typing this on Valerie's Mac. I'm in love. I must have one. Yes, must. And I think I actually got Andrew to say yes. Mostly because with Val using our wireless we realized how fast our computer could be if it actually was from this century, make that milennium. They just don't make 'em to last 7 years. Oh so I'm trying to tell my husband. So, maybe we'll splurge. And maybe not. But wow, I love Mac's. Not just 'cause they're cool either, but because I could actually edit my photos.

Ahhh thank you neighbor with no children. Your contribution is much appreciated...

No comments: