Thursday, February 24, 2011

Remember When?

You may have noticed that I've added a playlist to the bottom of my blog, mostly because when I'm writing I like inspiration. I'll even tell you why I chose a few of the songs...

~"When did you fall?" (in love with me) Amazingly romantic song by a Christian Artist. And the first song that Andrew and I danced to, and it happened to be our wedding night. So always good memories.
~"Praise you in the Storm" I thought we were in a storm when trying to get pregnant with Levi. That song gave me promise that no matter the outcome, God was in the storm. Now, two years later, I cling to that promise even more.
~"Yearn" and "Be Near" Shane & Shane's honesty seems to always echo the cry of my heart
~"Love them like Jesus" & "Prayer for a friend" What can I say? Again, heartcry. What do we and our friends need? Our prayers and love like Jesus. Not our pat sayings

~"Remember When" Ahhh got to have my bit of country. And really, except for the first verse, pretty much how I want to look at life. No sadness, only gladness for what we remember. How many people do you know that after the children grow up and move away that they no longer have a marriage or even a friendship with each other? Too many I'll wager. And so, that's my heart cry today. I know so soon the little feet running and crawling down the hall will be a distant memory. One I'll want back. I already miss the tenderness of my little 5 pound boy curled up on my chest. But I don't want to long for it. I want to remember when. I want to look at my gray-haired husband and think of the children we've released, and be so excited to have my best friend forever! Like my favorite verse says:
"Remember When, 30 seemed so old, now looking back, it's just a stepping stone,
to who we are, where we've been, said we'd do it all again, Remember When"
That's what I want in 40 years, to look back and see what God has done, where we've come from, and say, okay Lord. And to dance with my sweetheart forever.

And just for your enjoyment, a picture, because I can. :)Val, Will, & Kiernan vistited a few weekends ago, and we had such a great time! As this picture shows, Kiernan had to learn how to keep the dog from licking her face, and Levi just had to learn to walk as well as Kiernan! :) The Dad's went ice fishing, And Val and I? It was so good to be with a kindred spirit.

No comments: