Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Retelling: The Calm before the Storm

I'm titling this series of remembering Levi's arrival "retelling" Just because, that's why. And just to clarify, I won't write everyday, believe me, the story gets to dragging at a few long boring points.

One year ago today (Wednesday), we were at home. We had been released from the hospital on Tuesday with the strict agreement that we would go home and immediately go see my OB and get checked out and a game plan. Which we did, with the ultrasound film that they had taken up there and all the charts, etc... And there was nothing, just like they said. No indicators as to why what was happening was happening. Nor why it had stopped. So she said take it easy, but otherwise I'll see you on Monday for my regular appointment.

So we went home, unpacked, and tried not to freak out. I went to work on Wednesday, today, and everything seemed normal. I was exhausted but that wasn't that unusual. We even went and did AWANA at our church like always, although I was told I looked awful .
We went to bed. Everything seemed back to normal. I can't even say I had a sinking feeling, because I wanted everything to be okay. I didn't want to be like a nurse I had in the hospital that delivered at 32 and 34 weeks. Not happening to me okay? So we went to bed and slept. Some.

It was the calm before the storm.

~In a side note, will you prayer warriors please, Please, PLEASE pray for my friend? She's 30 wks 2 days pregnant with her second son and it looks like she's going to be delivering early for sure, if not sometime this week or next. In our town that means going an hour away where there's a NICU. She's trusting the Lord but anxious of course. So will you please pray for her and her husband and son and baby? For Peace and for protection. And God's glory! Thank You friends!

No comments: