Saturday, December 11, 2010

Retelling: Jingle Bells

My wonderful husband works for a television station here. Every year they do a telethon called "Jingle Bells". They usually raise over $100,000 every year for the local Jaycees and they in turn give out HUNDREDS of boxes of food and toys to needy families all over the area. It's an awesome thing and a lot of local talent gets some TV time. Since Andrew works for this station, I usually don't see much of him the week before Jingle Bells and that day, he works insane hours and I don't see him until Sunday morning.

Until last year. Since we were sitting in the hospital, we watched Jingle Bells on the internet. Together. It was weird and just another reminder of how our lives were so bizarre right then.

Here's a look ahead: This year, I'm sitting home without my husband again as he runs a camera for many hours. But I'm not alone. My son is dancing to the music of the telethon...

in our living room. With me. He's healthy. I'm crying. God's grace is sooo amazing to me at times like this. It's going to be a VERY MERRY Christmas this year.

No comments: