Friday, December 03, 2010

A Break, literally

So today deserves a little break from the story telling. Don't worry, it was an exciting day, and I'll get to it either this afternoon or tomorrow. They kind of go together anyway...

But today, in real time, I think I'm beyond a klutz. Last night I stood up into an open cupboard door in the hallway. Banged my head so hard I cried. And said a "bad" word, but you already guessed that. Today I have a headache. Right now I have high respect for brain surgeons and God. Our skulls are marvelous things and I frankly think I should give mine a break.
Speaking of breaks, I learned something this morning. That "Break Resistant" label on the back of Corelle dishes? It really doesn't mean "Break Proof". Trust me. We now have 7 cereal bowls. And I need to mop my floor.

Our tree is up. It's a fake pre-lit one that we received for free several years ago. We used it once. One of the branches didn't light up so we just wrapped other lights around it. This year? Alot of the branches don't light up. So we strung more lights around it. I'm in the process of stringing popcorn. Because we're going simplistic this year. It's Levi's first MEMORABLE Christmas (not his first, like everyone seems to think, he was born the 18th and was one week old on Christmas) but I digress. So we want to put more simple ornaments up and not overload the tree. Because he needs to start contributing to it. Right now, He just wants to touch it and eat it.
We're putting it up in stages, just the tree, then the popcorn, then the ornaments, because he does better not touching one thing at a time.

So, Christmas party tonight and tomorrow night. This year, my heart is just so thankful for the meaning of Christmas. And to not be sitting in a hospital. Yep, sneak peak, I had to go back. :)

And just to help us remember, or to let you know, there's a happy ending to "The Retelling" Here's some visual reminders:


My boy, eating a graham and watching Elmo...

There's Elmo!!



And looking mighty cute might I add in his jammies and bare feet...



Getting so big! He was pushing his tractor around and around the kitchen.

No comments: