Monday, November 29, 2010

A Time to Dance

It's Monday. The last Monday in November, 2010 to be exact. While the DATE isn't the same, this Monday last year marked the beginning of our journey in the birth of our firstborn. One year ago I was in a hospital bed in a small town hospital in my small hometown. We had gone up to visit my parents for Thanksgiving and were to be heading home that day. But when I awoke, I knew something was wrong, and it was. I won't give the details for the faint of stomach but a trip to the hospital was necessary. I was 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I spent one night there being treated by a doctor who wasn't an OB but took good care of me but frankly, didn't know what to do with me.

I'm going to take time reliving this experience in the coming weeks. If it bores you or it's an old story, I won't be offended if you don't stick with me.

As we approach our son Levi's 1st birthday, I'm celebrating his year but also remembering what the beginning was like. Ecclesiastes 3 has become very dear to my heart in the past month, and tonight verse 4 is so fitting. Verse 1 says "For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:"
vs 4
"a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;"

This year, I'll Lord-willing be laughing and dancing as my miracle and gorgeous son turns one year old. But I'll also need some time to weep and mourn and remember the incredible beginning to his life. Because it's a great story, full of God's amazing power and faithfullness. And while it's got it's share of tears, it's all about God's glory. And so I think it's worth telling from my memories. And so, tonight as I remember sitting in lonely hospital with my husband and parents so far from home and watching that little heartbeat on a monitor, full of unknowns, I remember that God knew all along what would happen and the rest of the story. And He was there.

No comments: