Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Blessed be the name of the LORD

"...The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." Job 1:21b

Our baby went home to the Lord sometime last week. There was no heartbeat at the doctor's today. We are sad, but we have hope. The Lord gave us this miracle from the beginning, and this is His Perfect plan for our lives. We refuse to be bitter and angry. Who alone is perfect and almighty? God. Not us. God.

"Even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the ear. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book was written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. " Psalm 139:12-16

Our pain is not a mystery to God. He knows it and He knows our baby. He loves this baby more than we ever could. And frankly, I'm a bit envious, our child is with Christ. What more could I ask for them?
So we'll continue to weep and pray, but know this, God is faithful. He loves us and is not out to hurt us. He never leaves us in our grief. We will praise the Lord and give Him the glory. Not in spite of this, but because of it.

"Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence?" Psalm 139:7
"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

No comments: