Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lessons...REVISITED

So yesterday I shared some lessons I'm learning. I think I'd like a ReDo. Okay with you?

So Today I've learned/realized that I need to be less freakoutish. I mean this. I'm incredibly hard on myself sometimes. I've really been enjoying reading some blogs as previously mentioned that have to do with home organization and living simply. That's my goal and dream. It shouldn't be my god/idol. God drove this home to me last night in a rather hilarious way. I try so hard to have our home be a place that my husband enjoys coming home to. The smell of fresh baked bread may help him overlook the dusting and dirty bathroom that need attention, in my mind anyway. I've been rather convicted about my pile of papers and my lack of an organized place for everything. But yesterday I put this all aside to drag out my scrapbooking because it kind of hit me that I really should have more than one page done in Levi's book before Baby #2 arrives. Then maybe I won't confuse their ultrasounds either. So I spent some time organizing my things last night and worked on a few pages. And my dear husband, who is not quick to notice things or give compliments for my attempts at cleaning (which always vindicates me when I don't want to do it, he doesn't notice anyway!) :) says the following "That's really cool/good that you're working on the photos and scrapbook. Thanks for doing that."
HA! So for all my futile attempts at having a "star" home, what does my husband appreciate? That I'm keeping memories of our family. Yep, priorities.

And today as Levi refused a morning nap and generally was being a bit chaotic, I had to take a deep breath and go, "really? does it matter if that paper pile gets taken care of?" Because really, as long as the bills get paid, my son and husband are coming first.

Plus Grandma and Grandpa are coming this weekend, free baby-sitting equals clean desk! :)

No comments: