Saturday, October 16, 2010

Made It



Andrew has been canoeing and camping the last 24+ hours with a friend. It was supposed to be all weekend but they just went yesterday afternoon until this evening because of some things. They were supposed to tent it. Until one of them forgot to put the tent in the canoe. So they picnic-tabled it. Sleeping on top to keep off the cool ground. Thankfully they had warm sleeping bags. Since it wasn't me I laughed. They seemed to enjoy the adventure of it. Again, glad it wasn't me.

So we at home had our own adventure. I've spent some time away from Andrew since our marriage. And plenty of time in the hospital without him when Levi was born and had pneumonia. But I don't think I'd been home alone since the baby without him before. For whatever reason it creeped me out and made me sad. But I got some prayers and some sleep (had to turn the furnace on though, nobody to warm my toes!) and it was fine. But boy were we glad he was home! The dog literally did somersaults and Levi laughed. Me, I'm just thankful he's fine, had fun, and that I have a warm body to snuggle with again.

No comments: