Friday, October 15, 2004

No Longer Just Surviving

Wow. It's been a week since I last posted. It seems like so long. Thank you for your patience, and for continueing to check back for new things. I can't say it was a needed break in the sense that I was hiding for the right reasons, but it did benefit me. I don't have a long time to post right now because I'm working off the computers in the library because of new restrictions on our dorm computers. So it'll be short but at least you know I am alive.

And I am no longer simply surviving. The last 2 or 3 weeks that's exactly what I've been doing. Simply getting through each day with the hope that something will change tomorrow or that miraculously stuff will change. That's not my recommended way to live by the way. I definitely couldn't put forth the energy to write about the surviving, because you aren't really living when you're surviving. Oh there's no doubt that you're alive, but it's not the abundant life that we should have as Christians.

No worries however, as God has used the events of and since Wednesday to shake me up and plant my feet back on His solid ground. I'm still a little shaky, but each day is better than the day before. I will attempt to fully update you some other time this weekend, but for now I simply thank you for your prayers, and to my friends, thanks for still being there.

Oh yes, there is a prediction of snow for tomorrow! This makes me very happy! It's been so cold lately that I wish it would just snow. I've been accused of being an Eskim0 by Charity and Bekka, but I simply believe that I was given an appreciation for the beauty in winter. And even I will be sick of it come March don't worry. However, for now I look forward to twinkle snow and twinkle lights. I'm also very thankful that Dr. Casey has post-poned our Intro to Counseling test that was to happen on Wednesday until at least the next week. Which means I only have to conquer an Old Testament and Logic test next week. Ahh Logic. What would we be without it? Well illogical for one. Anyway, I'm off to put on warmer clothes and then off to work.

No comments: