Saturday, October 23, 2004

Chasing My Tail (Eeyore Style)

Well, it's been awhile and yet I'm still here and you're wherever you are. It's been a fast and yet really long week. Next week proves to be worse. If I make it through intact I'll be blessed. I have 4 huge tests next week in addition to 5 projects being due. So why am I blogging? I'm not sure except to keep you coming back. I would appreciate your prayers as I go through the next week. I need diligence and strength in abundance.

It's been a cold, rainy, and windy week here. Not exactly my idea of fun when all I want is to see some snow. My poor mittens are feeling neglected. A little promise of snow would be good. Meanwhile my photography is on hold while we wait for a decent day for outdoor shots. I did manage to turn in the first roll of film, but this second one might take a while. It's not due until Tuesday so I pray for nicer weather before then. I'm anxious to get my first roll of film back on Tuesday to see just how it turned out.

I'm very much against counting down the days until something. I don't mind other people doing it, in fact I always loved asking my engaged friends how many days until the wedding. But personally, I don't enjoy it. My roomate attempted to count down the days until Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and Summer on our white board. I quickly but kindly vetoed the idea. I simply do not do well living for the time God has given me today when I'm constantly looking ahead. So I try to not count days and simply look for what He has for me today. However, this weekend it's hard to wait for Thanksgiving. I feel the need to go home. My mom sent me a package yesterday and it was much appreciated. It was full of all the right things and I love it. But it made me want to count the time before Thanksgiving. Ah well, God is strength. If this week goes by relatively ok, I'd like to make it to Alec sometime soon. It would be great if Tracy, Anne, and myself could meet there and visit our fine friends. We shall see.

This isn't a post of great revelation, but one of life. And so now I shall return to mine which consists of books at this point. Prayers are appreciated as well as email and packages. I feel a little like Eeyore on this blustery day. I feel a little like I've lost my tail and the wind keeps blowing it away. It's not as bad as all that, but a good analogy nonetheless. At least my house doesn't keep falling down. For great Eeyore insight and great sound clips click here.
So I'm off to chase the tail of midterms. Whatever tail you're chasing today, I pray you catch it and that it reattaches rather unpainfully. Also that you're house doesn't continually fall down.

No comments: