Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Longing For "The Good 'Ole Days"

I'm going to keep this short but I felt that I should at least let you know that I am alive. I had a wonderful weekend. I'll give you a quick run down. My brother is now married and that's great. I have a nephew in addition to my adopted "niece". I had a great time with Tracy. I got to hold Emma! I got to see Jenn and Matt as well as Steens. I got to worship with my home church. I went to Duluth instead of Cloquet on my way back to school. I got in a traffic jam on the freeway outside of Sandstone. My car overheated. I didn't get back to school until after 11pm. My car still isn't working right. I'm exhausted, but it was wonderful to be home. I love my parents so much and it was great to be held by them for awhile.

Along those same lines, today is my mom's birthday so I would just like to say "Happy Birthday Mom!" I love you, and am so thankful that you're my mom. You're a wonderful Godly woman that I'm proud to call Mom.

I have so much to write, but so little energy and time. I'm behind, way behind it feels like, in my homework, and I'm soooo tired. Work is going fairly well.
I probably won't say much for the rest of the week. As well as probably not email or be on the phone much. I need a break.

This may be in a sense biting the hand that feeds (posts) me, but I'll say it anyway. I'm sick of technology. At work today we had some kind of training that involved learning about the past 4 "age groups". I loved hearing about the 30's through the 50's. I wish we could recapture some of those family values and work ethics. All that goes along with "The good 'ole days". I'm sick of not having time, of making ourselves so busy even God has to take a number. It seems as though our grandparents and before had more time for God than we do today. Yes, they had their own distractions, but they valued what was important.

Sunday afternoon I got to hear my grandmother, who's in her late 80's has deteriorating health problems, and can't remember things the way she used to, sing "Great Is Thy Faithfulness". It says something for the value of our hymns when my grandma who can't keep names straight and can't remember what she wants to when she wants to, if she has hymns memorized and can still sing them, well it brings me to tears. If she can still say/sing wholeheartedly, "Great is they faithfulness" well I need to as well. God truely is faithful, and He will raise me up. But first, I need to get away from this technology and go talk to Him. Take care, and I will eventually be back.

No comments: