Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Home and Prayer

I'm home! Didn't even know I was gone did you? :) Levi and I made a pretty spur of the moment trip up to my parents' house. My friend Christi was behind the plan, and it worked pretty well, thanks to My Momma who came and got us and my husband who was willing to make basically a 30 hour quick trip to retrieve us.

We spent a few days with my parents and then on Friday we packed our bags and headed to the ski hill. Now, for those of you who ski where you can see the top of the hill from the bottom of the chair lift, this is much better. A 5 minute ride to the top at least. Feels like an hour when you have a 5-year-old next to you. Mostly because I thought my heart was going to explode from fear. We had a wonderful time, really, no matter what your skill there's nothing like skiing with kids. Because the wonderment of their accomplishments and sheer joy will make you smile. I could have skiied by myself, or with other people, and gone faster and harder, but really, the fun I had with Christi, Jenn, and their girls was way more fun.





Funny part? Quianna definitely had a lot of one liners. Including telling me when we were discussing church on Sunday "I hope you have something handsome for Levi to wear." Which I did, her Momma gave me his shirt. :) Other funny moment? Levi refused to sleep. Jenn had graciously brought a pack&play with and everyone, and I do mean everyone tried to get him to sleep. He wouldn't. So finally close to 5pm we decided to just bundle him up and take him out on the bunny hill. Which after bundling him all up I realized I didn't have my boots or coat on. By the time I did...well, here's the result...he had a hard time moving due to the bulk of the clothes so Jenn laid him on a cooler...



He finally was sitting still...the result?



Total sound sleep. Christi managed to get his layers off and lay him down and he never even opened his eyes.

When he did wake up, off we went.



It was a fun day, a fun week, but I was tired and sore and ready to be home. It was good to see Andrew and Dexter on Saturday and to head home on Sunday. Some snow delayed us so it was a long trip and a late night, but we finally made it home.


For the prayers, just this. I'm amazed at how many women really do have miscarriages. It's a painful thing to think about, but reality is if you're trying to get pregnant you will more than likely experience a miscarriage at some point. That's hard. I've learned of so many lately, and I can only pray that God uses my pain and journey to help others and glorify Himself. So if you would, pray for these Mommas and their sorrow and journey. Thank you!

No comments: