Monday, March 14, 2011

Discretion

I wanted to title this post Honesty, but I think I may have used that in the past. Probably used Discretion before too. I like one-word, deep-thinking titles. Anyway...

I've been thinking a lot lately. About a lot of stuff. But the big thing God has been impressing on my heart is the need in our relationships for total honesty. Especially with my husband, but more than that in my friendships. How often do I not be transparent because of my insecurities? How often do I not give details with a prayer request (my own) because I don't want to be misunderstood?

Here's the thing, I'm a daughter of the King. I have a royal priesthood in Christ. So really, who cares what people think if I'm truly trying to honor God? And here's the other thing, Satan is the father of lies, the master deceiver. So often I buy into the lie and am deceived that no one really cares. And it is a LIE. From you-know-where.

And so I've been opening up. And here's the best thing. It has lead to incredible blessing. Yes, there will be hurt, there will be mistrust and I'll probably get used at some point.
But that's okay. No, I shouldn't be stupid and poor my heart out to every unsuspecting person. But to trust your friends and fellow brothers and sisters in Christ? Do It!! I have experienced some of the sweetest times of fellowship and growth and learning in the past few months when I've opened up. And Satan has again and again tried to tell me that I'll just be hurt. It's been hard, but it's worth it.

One last thing. I've been thinking then that I should be more open on this blog. After all, I somewhat use it as a journal. After some good thought, probably not so much. I'm already pretty open and that's enough. I love you all, but if you want to know more details, you can get ahold of me. There have to be some boundaries in my life. And the world wide web needs to be corraled. :)

I've also been discouraged that perhaps this blog isn't very intersting. I don't use pictures a lot, and when I do it's not one cute little one with a funny blip. I probably don't leave you wanting more, because I talk a lot. This isn't one of those blogs you probably come to when you want to laugh or see a quick cute post.

But that's okay. Because this is me. I can be funny, but I tend to be a story teller. No matter what I say about holding back I really do share my heart here. And if I'm going to be open and honest then I can't second guess me. Because me is okay. God has made me with words. I'm not incredibly artistic or creative, but I am wordy. I like words. I like using them. That's why music to me must have good words. Because it's the soul of music.

So, this has been a lot of words, some pretty poor grammar (and another thing...), and it's been real.

To keep us more real, some cuteness for you to enjoy.

Levi, one year ago. Crazy the difference a year makes.

No comments: