Wednesday, November 04, 2009

What a Life!!

I'm hoping my last post didn't sound too depressing...it's rather ironic and funny now, after the fact. But that's hoping that this week is much less traumatic than last week.
My ankle is better, my burn is healing, and I had to have a root canal on the tooth that died...not fun!!
But, overall, I'm on the mend and doing better.

I did get to take the fun GD test yesterday at my Dr. Appt...gross...sugar high for hours is all I had. But saw our little boy, and little is now a relative term. He now weighs approximately 2 pounds 7 ounces and is kicking sooo much!! Andy couldn't make it to the appointment so I asked the Dr. to triple check that baby was still a boy, no fear, he is! Not sure why I thought it would have changed, I'm just so excited to have a son!! I couldn't even imagine a girl at this point, so I'm a little paranoid I guess. I look at my husband and get so excited to have a son like him!

Speaking of Andy, we spent the weekend in Sioux Falls with his parents and sister. We had a good time, got to see some friends and do some shopping. It's getting so hard to find anything in my closet that fits over this growing belly!! So I got a few new clothes to help! There's a trust issue for me, money. We really are trying to save as much as possible right now for when I'm on maternity leave and so the budget is really tight...and Christmas is upon us and the heat bill will be getting bigger, which is a stretch in normal years, let alone trying to save money. But like I said, it's a trust issue. God knows what our bills are going to be and me worrying isn't going to help any. I did buy some new and used clothes (I've now experienced Savers, love that store!) which leads to a funny story.

We were shopping in the mall in Sioux Falls, I had bought a shirt at Sears and then Andy and I were picking out new tennis shoes at Famous Footwear (buy one get one 50% off!) because his are falling apart, literally, and I need some shoes that didn't have laces, can't really breathe when I bend over at this point! Well, I left the Sears bag with Andy while he paid for the shoes and I went to pick out some clothes at Motherhood Maternity (love that store too!). Long story short, Somewhere in between Andy no longer had the Sears bag, I freaked because we didn't have the money to start with, let alone lose a bag with a shirt in it, we raced around the mall, never found it, drove to the restaurant where we're meeting his parents, I cried, I got upset, he felt soooo bad, we resolved with each other, but I was still heartsick that God would allow this when we don't have ANY extra spending money anyway. So at dinner Andy's parents asked if I felt okay, and I said to ask Andy, and we both laughed, because by now our drama was kind of funny, mostly because I cried in the store :-) So Andy told them what had happened and his dad (who was in the shoe store with Andy) says "Oh, you mean that bag that I said I'd carry for you?!" I start laughing in giddy relief, hit Andy on the arm, and he goes "oh yeah, he said he'd carry that bag since I had the shoes." WoW! I love my husband, but good grief! Great timing to remember these things!!
But I learned a big lesson, chill out for one! And two, I really do doubt God at times and not trust that He's taking care of us and Sovereign. Even if we had lost that bag, God is still in control and that was His perfect plan.
I'm a slow learner...

So anyway, it was a fun weekend and Dexter had SO MUCH FUN playing with all the dogs at our friends house. I had a good time visiting with Jessica and Lando, who have one year old Diem and are expecting again in March. I realized how fun it is to talk to another pregnant woman. I need more of that sometimes...

And like I said, our son is moving like crazy! Sunday morning Andy felt him kick his hand specifically, and the look on his face made me fall in love with him all over again...

I did get the H1N1 vaccine yesterday...much prayer and discussion occured, and we felt I should. So I feel somewhat relieved and pray God still protects our family and our son.
I've been struggling lately with how expectant mothers talk about loving their unborn child. I do love him, but it wasn't this feeling of love I have when I look at Andy, or anyone else for that matter. Well, now that I feel him responding when I push on my belly, and kicking so strongly, and I can picture holding him in 3 months, I do understand better. I love him soooo much!! He's my son, and while I don't understand all that that means, he's my precious gift from God, a mixture of my beloved husband and myself, and a sign of all God's given us, and I love him!

No comments: