Friday, November 27, 2009

I AM Thankful

I AM Thankful
Lest my last two posts deceive you, I am feeling thankful on this Thanksgiving. I'm just also prone to discouragement...I could blog now about how our car needs a new ignition switch and therefore was towed from the grocery store to our garage and we had to borrow a car to make the 250 mile trip to my parents, or how halfway there in Wal-Mart I realized I had failed to pack some necessary clothing for any girl having gone through puberty. Or how expensive that was to buy at Wal-Mart...
But I won't, because really, I do have sooooo much to be thankful for.
So here's my list:

1. My salvation, and included in that, a God who is amazing and loves me so much that He died for me. Can't get any better than that.

2. My absolutely amazing, unbelievable, indescribable husband. He's God's perfect companion and leader for me. I love and respect him sooooo much!!

3. My soon-to-be-born Son. Have I ever mentioned that I'm sooooo glad we're having a boy? Don't get me wrong, I love girls, and I had always thought we would have a daughter first. That is, until I got pregnant, then I just knew, it was a boy. And for Andrew's sake, I was glad. But now, I am so enraptured with little boys, and the thought of having my own.

4. My family...It's soooo good to see my parents!!

5. Friends!! New and old, young and old...j/k!! I get to have breakfast with my two best friends from highschool tomorrow...I love them and their kindred spirits!! There's never any gaps with them, no matter how long it's been.

6. Our church family!! Because they really are a family, God knew what He was doing there. I can't imagine what the first 3 years of our marriage would have looked like without them.

7. My Puppy Dexter. He's a constant source of joy and consternation in my life. And a wonderful companion that I would miss so dearly.

8. A warm home.

9. Jobs that we get payed for. :-)

10. God's grace and mercy as I learn and grow to be more like Christ. For putting up with my unthankfullness and mistrust of the past few weeks. And teaching me to trust Him no matter what.

And so, I'm thankful, no matter what comes our way, the Apostle Paul got it right:

Philippians 4:11-13
11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Which includes being thankful for the hard things. And so I'm thankful for trials in my life, and for a God who gives me grace and mercy no matter how I respond.

No comments: