Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

There's a poem that begins like this... "Snip and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, that's what little boys are made of." I never understood that totally, especially the Snip part, but little boys are definitely on my mind lately. We were told about 4 weeks ago by our doctor that she was 80% sure our baby was a boy. Last week, she made it 100%, and looking at the ultrasound, there's no denying it.
Whenever we talked about having a baby or even right after we got pregnant, I always just pictured a little girl. But somewhere in my heart and head I knew that would be dissappointing to my husband, and somewhere in my gut, I knew we'd have a boy. Call it Mother's intuition, I don't know, but I knew. So I wasn't really surprised when she said it was a boy. A little in shock over how I'm going to raise him, but not surprised. I look at my nephew, who's a nonstop bundle of energy and creativity and mischief, and wonder how we're going to do it. It sure seems that our boy is as active as my nephew, so it'll be interesting that's for sure.
Don't get me wrong, I love little boys, I'm just scared to death to raise one. Everytime Mary Lisa brings her son into Caribou, I about die, I love him, he's so precious! I love my nephew to death, I love the little boys in our church, I just never knew I'd have to do what they do. I figured I'd get practice on a girl first. Boys are easier in the sense of in the future probably less drama and emotions, but the energy bit, boy I'll be busy. Pun intended of course.
The thought that makes my heart swell whenever I think it is how amazing my husband is going to be. He is an amazing husband and is going to be an even more amazing father. He will be every little boys dream of a daddy. He's smart, handy, busy, active, and fun! What more could a boy want?! He loves to go, go, go. Bike, Fish, Walk, Boat, Canoe, etc... he does it. And he'll have our boy right by his side, or behind him in a trailer on the bike trail. And he knows so much! He's super smart and will have our son swinging a hammer before he can walk I'm sure. :-)
Overall, I'm so excited to have a little man to give my big man, and really, after buying lots of blue and green at a rummage sale last week, I can't wait to hold my little man in my arms...only 5 months to go!!

No comments: