Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A little discipline please!

So being disciplined isn't exactly my best quality. I was finally getting the hang of being disciplined about going to the gym almost every day when I got pregnant, which means being exhausted beyond explanation, which means working out is a joke. When we first got married I was pretty good about being disciplined in having a menu and a plan for supper every night. Now at 5:30pm I find myself going..."uh oh...what are we eating tonight?" I also used to make the bed every day, and put away the laundry as soon as it was clean, and wash dishes every night, etc., etc., etc...
Then it's this blog, when I started it, I must have either had a lot to say or lots of time to say it, because I was pretty good about blogging regularly. Now, not so much. I'm not sure if it's because I have less time, less to say, or simply less big changes in our lives. Well, with the coming baby boy in our lives, I feel the need to not forget how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking these days. So I'm trying again. Maybe not every day, but hopefully at least once a week.
Maybe start out with just a little bit of discipline. With some of the complications that have ensued with this pregnancy, I'm no longer working on Thursdays for the most part, so maybe that will be my day to blog. Whatever happens, I feel purposed to be more disciplined. I am making the bed more regularly now, and hopefully doing dishes more often, so maybe the other stuff will follow. The Bible seems to have a lot to say about being orderly and disciplined in different areas of our lives. Somehow, I've never seemed to think it was important enough I guess. My prayer is now I will.

No comments: