Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm Joining the Ranks

I think I've officially joined the ranks of parenthood. Not that being pregnant didn't get me there, it's just now I'm starting to accumulate all sorts of baby paraphenalia and wondering "how much stuff can we possibly need, and where do we put it all?". I don't think there's a good answer for that, because I don't even know where to put all our junk as it is, let alone the baby's.
What brings this on is we purchased our first "big" baby item today. We got a great baby swing at a garage sale for only $20! It's very clean, no scratches on the metal, has two speeds, and even has the infant headrest thing that comes off later. The lady had it marked at $35 but she said she would take less as it was getting later in the day and I was going to offer her $25 but decided to ask what she'd take for it, thinking if she said $30 I'd say $25 then. Instead, she said $20 and I said "sold!" 'cause that's how excited I was. I should post a picture of it but right now it's sitting in the corner of the "baby's room" that is also holding our guns. Yes, real live ammo shooting guns. And yes, they will be moved before the baby is born, so relax.
Anyway, I'm super excited to be finding some of the bigger baby items we'll need, but wary over the way they'll take over. Not that the baby isn't going to take over our lives for a while either...yeah so never mind.
I also think the baby is going to apparently take over my blog, as that's what's constantly on my mind these days, but I will try to think a little deeper than that for another post some other time.

No comments: