Monday, August 21, 2006

Twins Game


So last Thursday I took Andy to a Twins game as part of his birthday present. The Twins didn't win, but it was close as Justin Morneau came so close to 2 homeruns. He got one homerun, but the other two were just a foot or so from making it. Oh well, can't win 'em all I guess. We had a really good time though, minus the 4 crabby swearing ladies behind us. They were a little upset because people walking in the aisle were blocking home plate. So they yelled and swore at them. One of the ladies said she hoped they weren't ruining the game for us and Andy was like "Yeah, a little bit". Eventually they got up to try to get better seats, so that left us in relative peace and quiet to enjoy the game. We had a lot of fun with me experiencing my first "Dome Dog" and of course singing along to "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". We ended the day with some fruitful shopping and a nice car ride home together minus a few traffice jams. The crazy part of the daywas as we walked a few blocks from our parking spot to the Dome I looked across the street to see a man getting dropped off and realized I knew him. In downtown cities I ran into Pastor Paul, from our old "Campus Crusade" days back home. I had just seen him at Sal's wedding but Andy had never met him, so it was awesome to see him even for a few minutes. He was on his way to a meeting for his church planting. Who else but the Lord could orchestrate such a meeting? We did see Ron Gardinheir (spelling?) drive away after the game, Andy thought that was cool. Anyway, it was a great day. :-) Andy's birthday is tomorrow so I'm baking a cake tonight. Hopefully it's good. :-)
Below is Andy with his rally hat. It didn't work, they still lost. But he looks cute anyway. :-)















To the left is Joe Mauer batting. He's Andy's favorite player because of his sideburns. Don't Ask. Below is my sweetie and I at the game.


















To the left is me singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" while my husband sneeks a picture. :-) Below is my first ever "Dome Dog". I will admit it was better than a regular hot dog that's for sure.
















So this is Andy eating his "Dome Dog" with way too much stuff on it for my tastes. He looks like he's enjoying it though. Below is the big screen showing who was playing.



No comments: