Monday, September 05, 2011

Be Still and Know

Know, Know What? Well, the verse says "Know that I am God."

It's been a busy weekend, we were up visiting some family and actually got to leave Levi with Grandma, Grandpa, Great Aunt & Uncle and have almost a date. A date that involved helping friends unload a trailer/vehicle into their new apartment and then dinner out. It was nice to just talk to my husband on the way back. We shared our hearts a little more than normal time allows. And it was good. And in that, I was touched. By the reminder that with how much my husband loves me, My Abba God loves me more. And he wants my heart.

To be still. And know who He is.

I've done a super bad job at the still part lately. I've been so busy just trying to cope with what God is doing and somehow trying to see His hand, that I keep missing Him.

Sometimes, and definitely just sometimes, but sometimes I need to just be still. Let God come in His quiet way. And even if no giant revelations hit, I need to be still. And know who He is. That He's in charge, and I am not.

So that's it. No more words about this. Because it is that simple. Be still.

No comments: