Friday, September 03, 2010

'Tis the Season

Alright, I know it's not Christmastime just yet, but it's definitely a season of change 'round here.

There's no longer any 'Bou in my life. It's a long not very fun story, but the summary in my heart would be this: It was time. And seeing God provide for us in other ways is getting to be rather fun. :)

Levi's growing like a well, baby. Fast and Furious. I just switched out his clothes last week. He's now sportin' 6-9 month clothes. (I know, he's 8 months old, but really, these are what fit him now.) I like to try to switch right about the time that the last clothes are too small and these are just about right with a little growing room.
This is also the first time I've cried over it. Before I've always been so excited that he's big enough and growing and getting stronger. After his start in this world, it was such a success to have him be bigger. But this time, I cried. Because my teeny-tiny baby boy is now trying to pull up on stuff and soon will be crawling away from me.

Now, I firmly believe we should raise our children to leave us. Let me explain. Do you remember leaving for college/work? Did you parents carry on and cry and make you feel almost guilty? Guess what, My Mom didn't. She always said she raised us to let us go and glorify God, so why should she be sad when we did just that? Now, I know she's missed us and such, but there is a difference.
I don't want to hold Levi back. I want to raise him to love Jesus and go out and serve God in whatever way he can. So why would I cry and hold him back publicly from doing just that?

That being said, I still will shed some tears I've realized. I want him to grow up and become a Christ-like believer. But I will miss his babiness.

I held a friend's 8 pound boy the other day. And realized how tiny he seemed. And that Levi had been half that size. It was sobering how quickly we forget.

I'm also learning as I pray over Levi how true this song is: (you'll have to let it play a while to get to the song)



I always wondered before Levi, how mother's could still love their serial killer/rapists/theiving children. I get it now, it's God's grace and love that He's imbedded in their souls.

So, I'm hugging my boy and rejoicing in his milestones. But I'm sure thankful for my husband who will never leave me. So, I need to remember to focus on my sweet husband a little more often. Because when our babies are no longer babies, he will still be mine.

That being said, I think this song is also appropriate:

No comments: