Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Blink and You'll Miss It

There's a country song with the title "Don't Blink". Based on the thought that if you blink, you'll miss your life going by. I feel a bit like that today. Apparently my last post about Levi's eight months was my 200th post. And I didn't realize, because like Momma's do, I was focused on my son. Levi's wearing jeans and a long-sleeved tee today in this cool weather. He's gotten sooo long all of the sudden. I realized that we need to put the heater back in his room to keep him warm at night since he kicks his blanket off. He was so itty-bitty last time we needed that. Okay, sniffle sniffle...

In other news, we spent a LOT of money yesterday. I was hoping that I'd be able to tell you that it was on a new laptop (No, we don't really have the money to spare, but we've been hoarding birthday money and with Levi, a computer that could actually upload pictures in less than an hour would be nice.) But unfortunately, it wasn't for a computer that we shelled out more money than should be allowed. No, it was on new brakes and routers (sp?) for our car's suddenly noisy braking job on the front end. And we were hundreds of miles from home. UGH. Not a fun expense at all. All I wanted to do was be crabby and mad that God could allow this. But thankfully, God gripped my heart pretty quickly and I found myself being thankful that we had, no joke, exactly the right amount of money set aside for a computer that the brake job required. You can't tell me that was chance. And the fact that we noticed it and got it taken care of before our brakes failed on the way home is something to be thankful for too.
And there's also the retirement account for a computer right? :)

I still sense a season of change ahead for us. I pray that it's an accurate feeling. Frankly, I pray for a move to somplace that has a door to Levi's room. Not a necessity either, but it sure would make sleep time less stressful, especially as he gets mobile. It's just something I pray about.

Along with a chance to see Val and baby K. And it looks liek that may in fact happen this month. Oh how I miss them, they are dear to my heart. Yes Will, I miss you too but frankly, I love your wife more! No offense.

And lastly, speaking of change, everyone is sending their kiddos off to school this week and for the first time, I'm thinking of you through Momma's eyes. Now I get why it must be hard to watch them go. You're sending your precious one, whom you love, off to face the cruel and harsh world full of sinful people. Yuck. You just want to protect them and let them know you believe in them and love them unconditionally no matter what anyone else says.
Poeple often ask me if we'll homeschool since I was homeschooled. My best answer always is I'd like to wait and see what our life and our childrens' personalities are like when comes the time. But no matter what that first day of school looks like, I get the protection instinct. And I don't like the inevitableness of the situation...No more blinking...

No comments: