Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Day Awry

This isn't the weekend I had planned. It's the first weekend in literally 8 weeks that we've either not been gone somewhere, or home without company here. Don't get me wrong, I love our families and the opportunities we've had the past 7 weeks. But I was tired, I missed lazy weekends with my husband and son and dog. So I was anticipating a good weekend.

And then Levi starting running a temp and stuffy nose. This was Thursday night. He did a bit better yesterday so we stayed up wayyyy too late at some friends where she and I played cribbage until we'd laughed ourselves silly and the boys tried to conquer each other in Risk. We had lot of fun. Levi slept fine in his carseat. Then when we got home well past our bedtimes I placed him in his crib where he slept for about 15 minutes and woke crying his heart out. And he stayed awake for well over an hour. In which time I deduced I was now feeling pretty lousy myself. So we rocked, and rocked, and rocked. He finally fell asleep and I drug my poor self off to bed.
There isn't that a sad story? :)

So today was spent in our jammies watching the BBC version of Pride and Predudice. Which I had never seen any version of before. It was great. I get all the hype now. It was absolutely fabulous. Levi's been napping off and on all day, in the midst of learning to crawl and pulling himself all over the floor and into stuff. He's finally got the "army" crawling down. Now we must baby-proof to some extent. At least vacuum more often anyway. And it hit me. He's 9 months old today. He's crawling. It's amazing, like every new thing he does is to us.

And my husband? Well, he's absolutely fantastic. He's been carrying for our sick selves all afternoon. He's pretty much the best there ever has been husband/daddy-wise. I'm blessed. And so, it's not the "relaxing" weekend I'd planned. But really, that's okay. It's been a bonding experience. And a reminder of what I'm thankful for.

No comments: