Friday, November 05, 2004

Is Double Always Better?

There are approximately 150 high-school students on campus right now. They are here for the yearly choral festival which Pillsbury hosts. This is a great ministry and a fun time, but it's also a lot of extra people around. Some good things include better food in the dining hall and no assigned seating in chapel this morning. To be taken into consideration is that fact that this student body is only around 180 so in one day the number of people on campus has basically doubled. While this provides no lack of entertainment it also provides lack of sleep. Evenings tend to be loud anyway, but as a general rule college students are pretty much zombies in the morning. However I was awakened at 6:00 this morning by several shrieks in the hallway. Not a normal occurrence but a humorous one nonetheless. Ahh such is the life of a campus suddenly doubled in size.

I'm looking at a weekend filled with homework as the onslaught begins again next week. However I had several good talks with two of my professors yesterday and that was very encouraging. It's hard to believe but we all received our pre-registration packets yesterday for next-semester. It's so crazy to realize how fast the semester has gone. I'm very excited looking at next semester and figuring out my classes. Not quite as many freshman classes and I still get to take a class from Mr. Hudson. But there's still plenty of this semester to get through and lots of stuff to work on. So I'm off for a power-nap before work.

No comments: