Saturday, November 20, 2004

I Am Resting

When I awoke yesterday morning and realized it was Friday I said a prayer of Thanksgiving to God for getting me through the week. I remember praying late last Sunday night as I tried to finish 3 of my many things due this week for God to just get me through the week. I asked for diligence and enough rest. Good grades would be wonderful but just making it would be enough. So when I awoke yesterday morning I was so grateful for Friday.

Not only did I just make it through the week, I did it rather respectively. I received a 95 on my history paper, as well as a B on my history test. The rest of the tests and projects I feel fairly good about. Maybe when I get them back I won't, but for now I do.

Yesterday evening I was invited to the Bob and Mrs. Johnson's for dinner. Bob is a Older student and Mrs. Johnson works on campus. Which is why I can call him Bob and have to call her Mrs. Johnson. Anyway, they are wonderful and their daughter was home along with their other daughter and her family. We had a great homemade meal and I spent some time chasing 2 year-old Jacob around. We watched a movie and I left feeling so warm and loved. Today was super relaxing with some shopping done, some painting at the church, and a great Mexican dinner out with friends. All the makings for a great weekend.

And yet, tonight I'm listening to a song shared with me by Holly entitled "Jesus I Am Resting" and thinking how much I still have to rest in Jesus. The last month or so has been chaos, and lots of work so I didn't have any choice but to simply trust Jesus to get me through every day. But I still have to trust the same. It's easy even in the good times to be tired and let things discourage us. That's when I still have to trust and rest.

Not only rest and trust, but rejoice. The chorus goes as such: "Jesus, I am resting, resting, In the joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness Of Thy loving heart."

So tonight, I rejoice in God's greatness and take joy in who He is. I hope you do the same.

No comments: