Friday, June 17, 2011

A Wife Again...

A week ago today was June 10th, 2011. I was married 5 years ago on that date. It's a little surreal really. That's half a decade.

After being a mother for 18 months, I think I had forgotten how to be a good wife. Or just stopped doing it. So we escaped for the weekend. An amazing friend took Levi for the "weekend" and we had over 48 hours to ourselves. It was fantastic. I actually don't have the words. Really. Well, I'll try.

We just moved slow and enjoyed each other's company. I laughed at his jokes again. He appreciated my sense of irony. We even cuddled. :) We did some kayaking, giving our kayak it's maiden voyage (to us). We enjoyed some amazing BBQ at our favorite little out of the way place, but worthy of the awards it has won. We relaxed, did some good walking, and saw some areas of the state. Basically, we just enjoyed each other without any demands on our time. We were husband and wife again, not Momma & Daddy.

And I had a much needed reminder. Yes, of how I need to work harder at our marriage and put Andrew first and be kind and all that. All very important, but the big thing, is way better. I remembered how much I like my husband. Not just love because I have to, but genuinely enjoy him and think he's pretty neat. And that reminds me how much I am IN LOVE with him.

A little sappy I know, and obvious, but oh how I enjoyed being reminded of it. When I get caught up on some sleep here I'll add some photos of the adventures. For now, I'm off to bed with my husband who's even more handsome, funny, and FUN than he was 5 years ago. Another thought, it's probably BECAUSE of the 5 years that I love him more. He's my best friend, and we've walked through the fire together. And I love him even more because of it.

God is good, and my husband, well, he's the most gracious and loving man I've ever met. I love you Andrew! Here's to 60+ more years laughing together!

No comments: