Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Beans and Baking

No, I'm not making Baked Beans. Gross...
Here, a little visual for you:



I made a carrot cake from scratch yesterday, cream cheese frosting and everything. Yumm!!
Also, to keep Levi busy while Andrew was walking the dog, I gave him two containers and a bunch of dried beans to play with. After the initial "I'm gonna eat 'em!!" He settled down and had great fun pouring them back and forth. By the time he was done, they were all on the floor, none in the containers. But seriously, kept him busy for over 20 minutes! That just doesn't happen in our house so I was pretty excited!!
Other keeping busy news: Sara, Levi adores all the things you sent! The magnets on our fridge in these pictures are amazing! They are wood like puzzle pieces but they are magnetic. Super cool!

This is my 250th post so you would think I'd have something monumental to say. I don't! :) So here are a few random thoughts for you:
Levi got his second haircut today, I did it by myself! Super Mom! :)
Tropical, I'm dreaming of someplace tropical. For the first time in my life I can say that I'd love to go on vacation to someplace with sandy beaches, 80 degrees and clear blue water. Weird I know. Perhaps these winters are finally catching up to me...
Traveling brings us to June, which will be Andrew's and mine 5th anniversary. Where has the time gone? We are actually going to have a few days alone for the first time since I was pregnant with Levi. (Shout out to Christi, my heroine!) We hardly know what to do with ourselves. If you know of any undiscovered gems in this state for us to visit, let me know!
So, life continues. We're looking forward to visits in the next 10 days from 2 of my best friends and their girls. And Andrew and I will be taking care of 4 girls ages 3-6 for 2 days. Yep, we're crazy. And crazy excited! :)

Enjoy the warmer weather and we'll share more pictures soon!

No comments: