Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Homecoming Day

Our Family right before leaving Levi's little space in the NICU...and Daddy and the nurse walking out of the NICU...

One of my favorite memories and photos ever...Levi leaving the hospital.

It's January 4, 2010.


One year ago today we were finally able to bring our little baby boy home. HOME. What an amazing concept after over a month of chaos and tears. Levi and I slept soundly the whole way home. Andrew thankfully got us there safely. It was past 10pm by the time we got home. And it was awesome.
I haven't kept up very well with Retelling about Levi's NICU days. You know why? Because that was last year. And it was awful. It ranks up there with one of the worst (and best) Christmases ever. Because we were alone in a NICU with our baby boy. I didn't want to live in those moments. I didn't want to grieve, I wanted to celebrate. And so we did.

This year? AMAZING. Not because anything spectacular occured. But yes, it did. We were together, with family, and I was in awe of Christ come as baby to become a man and save us from our sin. I was finally aware of the fear and awe and pain Mary must have felt. And so I rejoiced in my soul. I praised the Almighty God for His great mercy and for allowing us the grace of being home with our boy. Who had great fun unwrapping his presents by the way.

And so, today I remember the chaos, and the relief of finally being home. And I pray for all those who are waiting for their babies. Whether they be 2 pound micro preemies, or 20 somethings who are wandering far from home. May we all know the joy of not only bring our babies to our physical homes, but the joy of seeing them commit to Christ and the hope of a future home.

My prayer for us this year? To be aware of God's grace in every aspect of my daily life. And I bet you can guess the other one...






No comments: